thoughts and observations of a privacy, security and internet researcher, activist, and policy advisor

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Privacy and Internet Governance in Rio

I have arrived in Rio de Janeiro last night to attend the second Internet Governance Forum, a massive multi-stakeholder global policy dialogue organized by the United Nations. I am mainly doing field research for a study on NGO participation I am about to finish this year. But I am also involved in a couple of events here which I am very much looking forward to:
And all this (and more) will happen in just one week. I am afraid I won't have any time to go to Copacabana or Ipanema at all, though this is my first time in Rio. But the conference will be fascinating enough, as there are so many smart people from all parts of the world and with so many different backgrounds. Even last night, after an 18-hour trip and pretty tired, I got stuck in an inspiring discussion with a Hungarian hacker about how to develop a materialist critique of human rights discourses (privacy etc.) under conditions of social networking technologies. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home